Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Birthday Surprise

Many of you know that my birthday was July 3rd. We were traveling from South Carolina to Oregon on my birthday so Adam planned a day trip for us to celebrate once we got here. On Saturday we went to Sauvie Island for the u-pick berries. He sure knows the way to my heart! You go and pick rasberries, blueberries, marionberries, and cherries. That is what is in season now, but, later there are peaches and pears and a ton of veggies. We also went to the Columbia River Beach. It was hot but the water was sooooo cold. Adam got all the way in I just went up to my waist. The sand was great, salt and pepper color and smooth.



Showing off the new pedi. :)


There were sail boats and sail surfers. This little guy was building a dam.




We picked all these berries ourselves, I am standing in front of a pear tree.



Happy as a clam with a box full of berries while we explore Sauvie Island.

All the cherries that were low enough to pick had been taken so we had to buy our cherries, but they still taste amazing. We also got some fresh garden tomatoes.





We went to the Sauvie Island wildlife area to check out the hunting so Adam can take Lilly there for training while we are in Oregon. These cows just roam free out there, we saw some horses too.
What a fun birthday surprise. I am not sure if Adam will be able to keep me away from the u-pick places. I think there may be an addiction forming. Just means I won't buy fruit at the grocery store and the u-pick places are sooo cheap!

1 comment:

Jo Leigh said...

That looks like so much fun! Those berries are so pretty, too! I'm glad he had such a special day planned for you to celebrate your birthday!