Monday, July 14, 2008

American Idols

On Friday we went to the American Idols Concert, our first adventure since we arrived in Oregon. (though I can tell you that the task of getting settled in a new state is an adventure in itself) Selma Oregon is home for Kristy Lee Cook, I think her entire hometown was there, they LOVE her! Some obvious hard to listen to moments were Ramiele, Carly, and Jason along with the row of teenie boppers behind us that shrieked at decibels I am sure I have never heard before. Although I should say that Jason's version of Somewhere Over The Rainbow was quite good. Highlights include Syesha, Chekezie, and David A. The real show stoppers were Michael Johns, Brooke White, and David Cook. If I have to pick one shining star it would be Brooke, she has lost all of her nerves since the show and was a natural, totally in her element.



















5 comments:

Tom said...

Hello out there. Am I the first? It seems that the back ground is a bit dark. It is nice that you are now a blogger. You and sarah can now compete.G'pa

Jo Leigh said...

Yea! I'm glad you guys had fun at the concert! Sorry we've been playing phone tag! Looking forward to keeping up with you guys on the phone & on here now, too!

Angela Straw said...

G'pa, you are the first one! See if you like this back ground a little better. I do think the other one was a bit dark.
Angela

Tom said...

Much better. G'pa

Anonymous said...

It's a Straw World after all...